Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some non-naked pictures



Well, this is Bill again. I've never "blogged" before and wasn't really planning on starting, but since Amie is always tied up either nursing, eating, or sleeping, I figured it was up to me seeing as how Celeste won't listen to me when I ask her to give Mommy a break!
If you didn't read Sara's post, the baby's name is Celeste Rose Strobehn. "Celeste" just kind of popped its way into the name pool a few days ago and creeped its way to the top. We're not exactly sure how it made it up there, so it must be right! We really like "Kaiya" most of the pregnancy but when she came out, we quickly decided that she didn't look like a Kaiya... Her middle name, "Rose", is a combination of Rosa (Amie's mom), and Rise (my mom). ("Rise" is pronounced Reesa for those that don't know).
Both Mommy and Baby are doing great! They're both sleeping right now-- well, they WERE sleeping!! Sounds like Celeste is hungry, AGAIN :p.
I'm sure that Celeste's temperament will change as the time goes by, but so far she's just been an angel. (Not to say I've never heard her cry!), but most of the time she's content to look around the house and explore her new, much-bigger-than-the-womb world. She's so cute! (obviously takes after her mom ;)). When we first got home, Amie gave Celeste a tour of the house and showed her each room. I think Celeste was only half-way impressed, lol.
Amie is recovering pretty well and can walk around on her own as if she was never pregnant. I wouldn't say she's ready to run a marathon any time soon, but considering the episiotomy, I'd say she's doing quite well. And she just loves her new toy, Celeste!
And I'd be extremely ungrateful if I didn't give a heart-felt shout-out and thanks to Rosa for sacrificing a week to come and help out. She's already been a huge blessing (and is the only reason I have time to write this). Well, enjoy the pics. I'm sure there'll be more to come!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Oh you guys, she is just beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you. Congratulations! What a pretty baby. I'm glad you are feeling good.

Sara Walker said...

Ah Bill, that was so sweet to read. Thanks for feeding my Celeste addiction. I am such a fan of her's. In fact can I be President of her fan club??

Tay and Liz said...

Congratulations you guys, she is so precious!! I hope all is well, glad to hear Amie is feeling so well!

np238 said...

Congrats guys on the new bundle of joy! she's really cute and luckely has Amie's looks! (hahaha)
Nick

PS Bill nice Haircut!

Roxieann said...

She is just precious! I had tears of joy when I seen her picture! She is BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations! I love the name! It fits her perfectly!