Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The beginning

Well, I am so new to this blogging and frankly I suck at it. So in an attempt to practice and hone my blogging skills I am going to just start at Bill's and my humble begginnings.

When Bill first met me, in May 2006, I had dark brown hair! This was the first time I had ever had the guts to dye it dark. And everyone told me not to but I didn't really care. It was fun to try the brunette experience.






Bill honestly prefers blonds, so he couldn't understand why he was so drawn to this really tall, returned missionary, brunette!! (All things that didn't usually appeal to him).



I kept my blondness a secret.

I had just moved into a new ward and apartment complex so no one knew I was actually a natural blond. It was really funny. People do treat you a little differently. BUT I must dispell the myth that Blonds have more fun and get more attention because that is not necessarily true. But blonds and brunettes do get different kinds of attention. That's all :]

His roommates (Nick, Ben, and Devin) and my roommate, (Kimberly) unbeknownst to Bill and I, had already met and become friends,

so after Bill and I met at ward prayer and found out that we'd served in the exact same mission, (tokyo north) and even in one of the same areas, (koiwa) it was easy to hang out all together and have a blast!

Actually it became unavoidable, and kimberly and I were over at apt 203 everyday! (not that I REALLY WANTED to avoid it, I just tried to PRETEND like I did cause Bill was too short for me and I wasn't supposed to like him like I was finding myself liking him!!) Inevitably Bill and I would find ourselves at in our own conversation in the mist of our friends. I couldn't get enough of this guy!!

I'd try and space out my time between him and his roommates,









but it was a hopeless case.












I just wanted to be by Bill!!


It was driving Kimberly nuts that Bill and I wouldn't "define our relationship," but we both knew what we felt but also knew that we were both graduating and leaving Provo in just a few months so really, what could happen in three months? ;]
Regardless of our unspoken status, Bill did well to "court" me as Brother Baird would say.
He left me presents at my window when I came home from school.









He sent me the most exquisite bouquet of flowers, not just any flowers, calo lillies (my favoite!!) and roses! AND not just any type of delivery, IN A BOX!!! I don't know where I picked up the notion the getting flowers in a box was romantic, but ever since I can remember I have longed for someone to send me flowers in a box! This guy was beyond a dream come true!! (I also had never been to a live concert and really wanted to go, and Bill also fulfilled that wish at a later date. Since I'd had lots of boyfriends but none had fulfilled these simple desires, I was secretly convinced that the one who finally would be inovative enough to do so would be the one I would fall deepest in love with and marry!)

Then in July, everyone was supposed to go visit Vegas for Kimberly's 21st birthday and we were gonna stay with Bill's family. Well, last minute everyone bailed out! But Bill and I still wanted to go so...I met Bill's family!

And there, by the brillient fountains of the Bellagio, Bill and I exchanged "I love you"s for the first time.










In August Bill's roommates helped him propose and after making him wait what felt like an eternity, I said yes!!

We graduated a few weeks later, and moved our life to Las Vegas! My life is perfect :]

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yea! A post! I am so proud of you and ya'll (remember I'm in the south now) are too cute. I went brunette for the first time last year. It was fun, but I'm glad to be back blonde. I also heard through the family grapevine something about a girl! How fun for you guys. Take care.

Susan said...

Cute! I loved hearing your story. It was a good post. Um...is that other comment announcing something?